Phone: +971 50 2045 208

Frequently Asked Questions (Car Import Export and Shipping)

Q: What's the age limit for vehicle import to GCC?
A: Find below maximum age limit
a) UAE: No age limit
b) Oman: No age limit
c) Saudi: maximum 5 years
d) Bahrain: maximum 5 years
e) Qatar: maximum 5 years
f) Kuwait: maximum 5 years

Q: Can I put some personal stuff in the car. E.g. bags, cloths, books etc?
A: NO, car should be empty at the time of export.

Q: Can I import a car to any GCC country if I have a tourist/commercial/business visa?
A: No, you must have residence visa if you want to register it.

Q: I am going on a visit visa to Qatar and want to take my UAE registered car there for 6 months. Is it possible? what documents required for it and for how can I keep it in Qatar?
A: Yes you can take your UAE registered car to Qatar. You should go to RTA to make Certificate of Tourism and then go to the Automobile Touring Club to make Carnet.

Q: Can I import more than one car in my name to any GCC country?
A: NO, You can only import one car in 12 months.

Q: How much is import tax?
A: It is 5% of the present market value of the car.

Q: How & who will value my car?
A: Your car is valued by customs officials at the destination border.

Q: Will it help if I bring a purchase receipt from dealer?
A: No, it will not help. Car is valued by customs officials themselves.

Q: How will they value my car?
A: They normally depreciate 15% - 20% per annum, however it is not guaranteed. They consider mileage and condition of the car as well.

Q: What documents are required to make Export Certificate?
A: Following documents are required to make Export Certificate.
a. Vehicle Original registration card,
b. Owner's original driver's license,
c. Clearance letter from bank if car is financed,
d. Consignee passport copies

Q: What documents required for exporting a car?
A: Following documents are required to make Export Certificate.
a. Original Export certificate
b. Consignee passport and destination country's residence visa copy

Q: I own a car in UAE but I am in Qatar, can one of my friends or family members act on my behalf at RTA?
A: Yes. However you should give them Power of Attorney notarized by Justice Department in Al-Barsha near RTA testing center or Al-Tawar Center in Al-Qusais. OR you should go to the Ministry of Justice in Doha to make power of attorney, attest it from ministry of Foreign affairs and then attest it from UAE embassy in Doha.

Q: My car registration is expired. Do I need to renew it to get Export Certificate?
A: No. You don't have to renew your car registration. However, if your car registration is expired you should not drive it.

Q: I live in Saudi and want to purchase a car in UAE. Do I need to come there in person to get my car export?
A: No. You don't have to come to UAE for documentation. We can do it all for you. We will need your valid passport and residence visa copies.

Q: Do you provide door to door service?
A: Yes. We will pick up your car from your doorstep and will deliver to your home in destination country (Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman). For Kuwait & Bahrain you are required to come to the border to collect your car.  

Please send us an email to info@cartowingdubai.com if you are unable to find answer to your question.